United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7000 students from 65 nations, and a global network of more than 16,000 alumni. Only USIU-Africa’s 23 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa..
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Job Summary: Reporting to the Transport Supervisor, the position holder will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to USIU-Africa staff, students and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity and sense of responsibility.
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Ensuring good servicing and fueling of the motor vehicles
- Ensuring good custody of vehicles while on duty
- Observing transport rules and regulations
- Reporting on expired licenses/insurances
- Observe and maintain discipline at work
- 100% responsiveness to duties as assigned
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or O-Level Certificate
- A valid Driving License (Class A, B,C and E)
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- Public Service Vehicle License
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver, safe driving record, knowledge of driving rules and regulations
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
All other details such as key responsibilities, minimum educational and professional qualifications as well as desirable personal attributes and competencies can be found on our website at www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs.
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.