United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7000 students from 65 nations, and a global network of more than 16,000 alumni. Only USIU-Africa’s 23 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa..
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Faculty Development Coordinator
Academic & Student Affairs: Quality Assurance
Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance, the holder of this position will coordinate activities related to faculty development with the purpose of enhancing the teaching/learning experience.
This involves, liaising with school administrators and relevant departments to identify faculty development needs, planning and carrying out faculty training, and assessing the impact of the training.
The faculty development coordinator will design tools and develop training materials among other duties.
- Liaise with the school administrators, research department, the IT department and library to identify faculty development needs;
- Liaise with the school administrators, research department, the IT department and library to plan faculty training;
- Plan programs for new faculty orientation for pedagogy and assessment beyond the grade as appropriate;
- Conduct faculty development workshops;
- Support individual faculty in applying appropriate teaching/learning principles;
- Identify and recommend external training programs relevant to faculty pedagogical training;
- Design tools to measure training effectiveness;
- Track and report on improvement in teaching/learning resulting from faculty development workshops;
- Establish a pool of internal and external facilitators for the identified regular faculty development workshops;
- Support the planning for the annual quality assurance symposia;
- Maintain Faculty training records;
- Develop training materials such as manuals and handbooks;
- Conduct surveys on Educational Effectiveness related matters; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
A Ph. D or equivalent degree from an accredited university, preferably in educational communication and technology, curriculum development and instruction or any other relevant field in Education
At least three years’ experience with instruction or training at university level.
- adult instructional and learning theory and principles
- instructional design
- training methodologies
- learning management systems
- competency assessment
- Program assessment and program review
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Planning And Organizing Skills
- Communication Skills
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Good Judgment
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Coaching Skills
- Team Player
All other details such as key responsibilities, minimum educational and professional qualifications as well as desirable personal attributes and competencies can be found on our website at www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs.
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.