United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7000 students from 65 nations, and a global network of more than 16,000 alumni. Only USIU-Africa’s 23 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa..
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Lecturer – Assessment & Task stream Coordinator
Academic & Student Affairs: Quality Assurance
Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance, the holder of this position will coordinate activities related to program assessment and review.
This involves, but is not limited to, coordination of program assessment and program review, development and revision of instruments that support program assessment and review, analysis of and reporting on students’ evaluation of course instructions, monitor the implementation of program improvements, and in liaison with the School administrators, plan for training of assessment and review teams.
- Provide support in planning for annual program assessments and program reviews by schools.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment plans and reports for programs from all schools.
- Liaise with school administrators to coordinate program assessment and program review teams from the various schools.
- Liaise with school administrators to assess, categorize, document and plan for training of assessment and review teams.
- Coordinate the evaluation of program assessment and review reports.
- Follow up school administrators on implementation of program improvements arising from assessment and review.
- Document program improvements resulting from assessment and review.
- Initiate the development and/or revision of the instruments which support program assessment and review.
- Prepare regular reports on the issues emerging from mid and end of semester students’ evaluation of course instruction, and advice on areas that need addressing.
- Support the planning for annual assessment symposia.
- Support the TK 20 Task stream automation of program assessment and review.
- Disaggregate, analyze, disseminate and prepare reports, including written, graphical, and tabular presentations, for program assessments.
- Teach at least one course per year.
- Conduct research in areas of program assessment and review.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
A Ph. D or equivalent degree, from an accredited university, preferably in curriculum development and instruction or any other relevant field in Education.
At least three years’ experience with instruction and assessment at university level.
- competency assessment
- program assessment and program review
- automation of program assessment and review
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
All other details such as key responsibilities, minimum educational and professional qualifications as well as desirable personal attributes and competencies can be found on our website at www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs.
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.