United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7000 students from 65 nations, and a global network of more than 16,000 alumni. Only USIU-Africa’s 23 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa..
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Medical Records Officer
Job Summary: Reporting to the Principal Medical Officer, the job holder will be responsible for creating new medical records and retrieve existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to the system and delivering records when needed.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information
- Maintains master patient index by completing the assigned portion of daily audit trail corrects and communicate problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates a medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder.
- Maintain record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieve medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Keep health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintain quality results by following Health Center standards.
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the Health Center by adhering to professional standards, University policies and procedures.
- Enhance medical records and clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the classification and scope of the position as required.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- An undergraduate degree in health records and Information management from an accredited university.
- A current First Aid Certificate
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
All other details such as key responsibilities, minimum educational and professional qualifications as well as desirable personal attributes and competencies can be found on our website at www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs.
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.