Job Title: Workshop Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Industry: Transport and Logistics
Gross Salary: 80k-100k
Our client is one of the leading providers of transport and logistics services covering heavy commercial vehicles locally. They seek to hire a workshop manager responsible for managing and maintenance of the company fleet and also supervise entire operation of the workshop. He will also ensure operations are at the lowest cost to efficiently serve the clients.
- Ensure preventive maintenance schedule is in place and with proper records.
- Ensure all batteries are well maintained and records kept properly.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment that is not congested.
- Responsible for tyre maintenance and keeping all records relating to tyres efficiently.
- Carry out all breakdown root cause analysis and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken on time.
- Responsible for Managing, training and maintaining workshop staff.
- Ensure zero long term projects and have all trucks ready to go on road by holding discussions on cost of bringing trucks back on road and timelines required.
- Ensure all trucks are clean and incase of dents, ensure appropriate action is taken on time and all repairs done.
- Help in cost cutting and keeping all workshop expenses in check.
- Present to management all workshop working data and other reports related to management of workshop.
- Circulate workshop report on repairs to be done each day and present to operations previous day report to get priorities.
- Talk to operations team on trucks expected and repairs expected to coordinate team and spares.
- Coordinate with branches on all repairs needed and ensure they are assisted in releasing the trucks.
- Any other task assigned by the management from time to time.
- Minimum degree in Mechanical or Technical Engineering from a reputable organization
- 5 years experience with heavy commercial vehicles – 3 years managerial level
- Must have experience in diagnostics.
- Asian male candidates encouraged to apply
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Flexible and ability to meet quality standards and strict deadlines
- Must have experience in leading and motivating a team
- Must have Knowledge of workshop operations and workshop systems in the transport sector
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Workshop Manager – Transport) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st October 2017.