Co-operative Bank Kenya
SAP Application Support Manager
To support business growth, the Bank is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to be part of our SAP team to be based in ICT.
The candidate will join a team that works closely with our functional teams to understand specific needs while reviewing and recommending scalable solutions for meeting those needs.
The solution reviews and recommendations carried out by the Design Team are not only to ensure the functional business requirements are satisfied, but are also to help ensure the solutions are globally scalable and adhere to the Bank’s proven software development and project management methodologies.
If you have a strong foundation of in business process knowledge and related experience working with SAP analytical reporting systems, a strong familiarity with functional integration within SAP systems, as well as with data integration between SAP and non-SAP systems, then this is the role for you.
Reporting to the Head – Technology and Enterprise Systems, the SAP Application Support Manager will be responsible for all aspects of managing the day-to-day successful running of the Co-op Bank SAP Landscape.
The role holder is required to be widely knowledgeable & experienced in architecture to carry out implementation and support of SAP technical infrastructure (and integrated components), security, and change management processes across the Bank.
Additionally, the ideal candidate should have experience leading teams in a dynamic and collaborative environment with ability to communicate effectively within and across all organizational levels.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Manage the SAP first line support team responsible for the SAP Applications stack while providing a single point of contact for other teams on all SAP technical design and support issues.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers and coordinating regular support review meetings to ensure SLA’s are met and that support calls are effectively triaged and resolved in a timely way as well as ensure priority setting for calls.
- Work alongside the Project teams to ensure Projects are accommodated with support and the wider IT function to ensure change is managed alongside other IT infrastructure activities.
- Ensure the integrity of the SAP landscape (functional consistency) and proactively work with 3rd Parties to ensure it is patched and maintained in line with current best practice.
- Work with IT to provide required management information on a regular basis to set systems performance KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Ensure systems are managed efficiently, are resilient, are backed up appropriately and that a Disaster Recovery solution is in place and tested annually. The SAP support manager will also feed into any business continuity planning.
- Deliver end-to-end service provision for the services provided to the business in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Perform Failure Modes and Effects Analysis for proposed changes on key modules, to ensure high performance on SLAs for Uptime.
- Participate in architectural decisions and provide input to enterprise architecture team while ensuring management and solution delivery of SAP security resource.
- Oversee the overall development & execution of business production support process and incident management.
- Work with IT and Project teams to ensure submitted system enhancement / changes have undergone adequate functional & volume testing before release to production.
- Strictly adhere to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations with regard to Compliance requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field from a recognized university. Possession of a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of SAP ABAP development concepts, guidelines and SAP architecture
- Experience with SAP ABAP design and development.
- Skilled in multiple disciplines around Configuration, Installation, Post-Installation, User Administration, Client Administration, Transport Management System (STMS), Background Job, Patches Installation, Kernel Upgrade, Spam Update, Operation Modes (RZ04), and Load Balancing (SMLG)
- Have familiarity with SAP System Monitoring t-codes
- Minimum 7 years’ of relevant experience in IT working across multiple technology platforms and or project management coupled with 2+ years’ experience in SAP support/project delivery.
- Logical, analytical and investigative mind, together with creative abilities with an ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with high mathematical aptitude.
- Good team working and interpersonal skills to enable working closely with staff at all levels throughout the organization, including managers and IT specialists.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number SAP/ICT/2017 by 17th November, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.