Co-operative Bank Kenya
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, you will find growth opportunities at every step of your career.
If you are an exceptional IT professional with solid programming skills and knowledge of database concepts and you possess strong analytical and process improvement skills with proven proficiency in dealing with corporate information systems in the banking sector, then the Systems Developer position, is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our ICT team.
The role holder will be responsible for detailed analysis, design and development of In-house systems and Management Information Systems (M.I.S.) and will also be required to maintain and support applications within this section.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Carry-out analysis of the requirements, assist in preparing system specification by the users and recommend solutions to address user needs.
- Develop high performing applications (web, desktop and mobile applications) depending on the requirements definitions and ensure responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup in addition to building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Carry out technical user training in respect to these systems so that the business can utilize them.
- Provide test systems for SIT/UAT to ensure tests to the functionality/features have been done before rollout to the entire user network.
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance with the requirements of the bank and adhere to change control procedures in implementing solutions.
- Set up and attend to systems failures, or coordinate the resolution of the problem and deal with queries from users.
- Define new process improvement opportunities then develop and implement data models and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, IT or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software development, data analysis and reporting as well as 2 years’ experience with working in web based Java solutions (Apache Wicket, Tomcat/Jetty, GUICE/Spring, Solr, Webservices/Jersey/REST/Spring)
- Experience with a least one JS framework/Libraries – React, Angular, Vue.js, Ember, JQuery, JQWidgets , Bootstrap, Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and an understanding of Unix and Linux.
- Excellent understanding of SQL database fundamentals (for MSSQL, Oracle etc), other programming tools and languages particularly C#, ASP.NET, MVC, HTML/CSS, XML
- Experience with DevOps processes, workflows and tools like Jenkins or Docker will be a plus.
- Very strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems and present technical ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Good knowledge of reporting and business analytics tools.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new things.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number SD/COO/2017 by 15th November, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.