Vacancy Announcement: Franchisee Business Manager
(4 Years Contract)
Our client is a vertically-integrated company supplying quality livestock & crop inputs & services to farmers & pastoralists in Kenya.
They operate through a network of branded, professionally staffed, company managed & franchised retail outlets & field staff providing last-mile distribution & extension services.
They sell to stockists through their wholesale business.
Their aim is to revolutionize the provision of livestock, veterinary services and crop inputs to farmers in Kenya by creating sustainable service delivery. Impact is at the core of their business.
Through its commercial activities, they are having a major direct positive impact on hundreds of thousands of farmers in Kenya.
They provide farmers with access to quality products and the knowledge to use them effectively and farm successfully.
This comprehensive approach helps to drive productivity and profitability across the agricultural value chain.
With over 4 year’s business presence in Kenya and with over 50 franchises all over the country, they are looking to hire a proactive and dynamic professional to join their team as a Franchisee Business Manager.
The role will entail considerable traveling (90% traveling)
Job Purpose / Summary: To support the growth of franchisee partner’s business and ensure compliance to the company’s contractual obligations and standards through training, advice and support.
The role will provide business support to the franchisees classified under the farmers training output.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop & ensure revenue & margin growth plans.
- Grow the company’s banded product portfolio.
- Understand each franchisee, business objectives, constraints and opportunities and objectives.
- Provide training, mentoring and support to improve all aspects of business management and development.
- Support the franchise partners on key areas of the business in training, information on the business policies and procedures, product and promotional launches.
- Regularly review and advise franchise business partners on their performance and ensure compliance with the franchise agreement.
- Ensure any franchise initiatives, training and processes are implemented within the agreed timescales.
- Communicate policy changes to all franchise staff and monitor compliance
- Leverage the monthly and quarterly scorecards to continue in finding innovative ways for franchisees to grow revenues and profitability.
- Act as the key point of contact between franchise business partners.
- Liaise with the Training Manager in conducting training needs analysis assessments.
- Develop and implement governance structures and systems.
- Monitor and control the franchise finance and inventory.
- Source for new business opportunities through joint ventures and partnerships.
- Negotiate with small businesses for support and growth.
- Liaise with technical trainers for effective training delivery.
- Analyse franchisee training needs and ensure that franchisees and their staff receive appropriate training.
- Create and manage positive working franchise relationships with franchisees and their teams.
- Deliver business training to employees under the company’s academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related course or its equivalent.
- At least 6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Understanding of the challenges affecting small business management in Kenya.
- Experience in developing and maintaining franchisee agreement standards, policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in a franchised organisation highly preferred.
- International business exposure is a critical requirement.
- Knowledge of international quality standards.
- Relationship focused with the ability to manage a variety of personalities and approaches to business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey the business strategy to new franchisees
- Experience within a franchise environment is ideal
- Strong leadership skills to manage franchise owners
- Hands on, bottom up approach to the business
- Autonomous, driven and goal oriented
- Ability to multi-task effectively
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 14th November 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.