Japan Center for Conflict Prevention (JCCP)
Job Vacancy: Finance and Administration Assistant
Japan Center for Conflict Prevention (JCCP) is an international Non-Governmental Organization established in 1999 in Japan, with its headquarters in Tokyo Japan and an office in Nairobi Kenya.
JCCP’s mission is to build peace and resilient livelihoods, and help vulnerable groups and individuals recover from the effects of conflict, for sustainable development.
JCCP has implemented a wide variety of projects ranging from improving community safety through capacity building, research and training in peace and security, to preventing and responding to gender-based violence in various locations.
JCCP’s Office in Nairobi Kenya is seeking to urgently recruit a Finance and Administration Assistant who will be in charge of administration and support Finance and Logistics Officer in the assigned projects.
This is a temporary position for only two and half month starting from January to mid-March.
The successful candidate will be located in Nairobi and will be expected to start work in January 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Grants Manager and Finance and Logistics Officer, the main duties and responsibilities of Finance and Administration Assistant will be as follows:
Contract Period: From the beginning of January to middle of March
Contract type: Full time
1. Financial Management
- Assist Finance and Logistics Officer to manage day-to-day accounting processes and procedures.
- Assist Grant Manager and Finance and Logistics Officer in preparing financial documents for audits.
- Assist Grant Manager in developing and analyzing organizational/ project budgets.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist with financial reporting as needed, including organization office finances in coordination with the Finance and Logistics Officer
- File finance related documents in a timely manner.
- Assist in matters of registration, work permits for non- local staff.
- Ensure up-to-date status and records of asset lists, and that office and medical insurance and are in line with donor regulations.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective maintenance of office premises
- Ensure that all office equipment are serviced regularly and in good working condition.
3. Procurement and Logistics
- Assist Finance and Logistics Officer with transport logistics and ensure that the needs of staff/office are met adequately.
- Assist Finance and Logistics Officer and the project team in ensuring that all other logistics arrangements are prepared effectively.
- Support procurement process and procedure.
4. Knowledge Management
- Develop and update knowledge-based products as required on financial management.
- Institutionalize and disseminate knowledge within JCCP office through content/data management.
- Ensure synthesis and dissemination of lessons learnt and best practices in financial management within the finance and administration section.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A business related degree with a minimum of Certified Public Accountant-Section 2.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in finance and administration for NGOs, international organizations or in the private sector.
- Good command of computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Fluency in both written English and Swahili.
- Desirable experience in preparing for audits.
- Desirable experience in using the QuickBooks (accounting software).
- Desirable familiarity with regulation for the Kenya Revenue Authority on taxes, NGO Board requirements for NGOs, and Immigration requirements for work permit.
- A team player with ability to build and maintain relationships with supervisors, colleagues and partners.
- Self-motivated with ability work under minimum supervision and to meet deadlines
- Seeks inputs and feedbacks from others.
- Ability to handle challenges of working in a changing environment.
Please send a cover letter, a detailed CV with contact details of three references to email@example.com.
The email application should be marked as ‘Application for Senior Finance and Administration Officer’ in the subject.
Deadline for Application is 21st November 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
JCCP is an equal opportunity employer; all suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.