Kenya Methodist University (KeMU)
Request for Expression of Interest for External Audit Services
Tender No: KeMU/EOI/007/2017
UNIVERSITY BACKGROUND: Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a chartered ecumenical Christian University with its main Campus in Meru and other campuses in Nairobi & Mombasa,
SCOPE OF WORK: The successful firm will be required to perform the annual University Financial audits for the period January to December with respect to relevant pre-determined University objectives before end of April following the end of the financial year.
KeMU requests professional accounting/CPA firms interested in the provision of External Auditing services to submit their Expression of Interest.
Firms interested should meet the following basic criteria:
- Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya and its partners must be holders of current practicing certificate(s).
- Partners of the audit firm should have good standing record with ICPAK
- Demonstrate experience or ability to audit institution of Higher learning with a bias in private university
- Provide an exposition of their technical expertise and advisory services.
- Provide value addition services besides the contracted services.
- Provide references of recent experience in performing external audit services which should be a sample list of past or current clients including their details such as contacts, names, nature of industry, nature of value of services, period of appointment, contact person and email address.
- The firm should have been in operation for not less than five years.
- Have a high level understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
and their practical application to financial reporting and auditing.
- Have a system of quality control in the provision of audit and assurance services.
- Can demonstrate capacity to provide efficient external audit services in adherence to agreed timeframes.
- Can demonstrate capability to advice on the improvement of existing and emerging management controls and governance processes.
- Can demonstrate capability to review adequacy of the Company Information Systems and related infrastructure.
- Can demonstrate prior experience of auditing institutions of higher learning including availability of appropriate skills among the staff.
Firms meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their EOI as follows
- Its understanding of the Terms of Reference(TOR)and its capacity and capability to deliver on the TOR
- The methodology work plan and timelines for undertaking and completing the assignment., and the deliverables
- Appropriate references to demonstrate having the experience specified in the TOR
- The CVs of key staff proposed to undertake the assignment.
Bidding firms should also submit the following documents with their Proposals
- Proof of registration with ICPAK
- Partners’ Practicing Certificates
- Valid tax compliance certificate
- Business permit
- Provide a disclosure form confirming that the firm and I or its partners and key staff do not have any conflict of interest which may exist with respect to the University
Interested firms should send their EOI in sealed envelopes clearly marked:” Expression of Interest for Provision of External Audit Services.TENDER No: KeMU/EOI/007/2017 “and addressed to:
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267-60200,
The EOl should be deposited in the Tender Box placed outside the Procurement office 1st floor Kenya Methodist University Main Campus, on or before 22 November 2017.