The Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) was formed in 1950 through an act of parliament with an objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and providing high-quality meat and meat products to consumers.
It is a public institution and by far the oldest and the most experienced meat processor in Kenya and the larger East African region.
Kenya Meat Commission invites applications from self-motivated and qualified candidates for the following vacancies in its establishment.
The particulars of the vacancies are as indicated hereunder.
Chief Manager – Human Resource & Administration
Grade KMC 3
The Chief Manager- Human Resource & Administration will report to the Managing Commissioner and he/she will be responsible for the overall operations of the Human Resource and Administration Department.
- Formulation and implementation of Human Resource Policies, strategies and evaluating their effectiveness
- Advising senior staff on areas of recruitment, transfers, pay, pension schemes
- Advising on organizational and Human Resource planning issues and other matters, including staff career development, employee relations, and disciplinary matters
- Providing advice on strategies regarding training and development
- Developing and ensuring implementation of reward systems, remuneration policies, and strategies
- Developing and ensuring effectiveness of Performance Management systems
- Reviewing organizational structures and analyze workload from time to time
- Provide employees counseling services
- Representing the Commission in labour disputes
- Training and development
- Organizing employees’ welfare services such as health and wellbeing programmes, first aid and fire warden training, superannuation and social activities
- Maintain employees’ records on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave etc.
- Monitor expenditure on transport services against budget estimates
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Human Resources Management Science/Social Sciences or any other relevant qualification from a recognized University
- MBA in Human Resources Management will be an added advantage
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management, member of IHRM
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience with five (5) years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrate good understanding of Human resource regulations and good practices
How to Apply
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the respective positions advertised above, please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 27th November 2017.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Or online vide: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||