The Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) was formed in 1950 through an act of parliament with an objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and providing high-quality meat and meat products to consumers.
It is a public institution and by far the oldest and the most experienced meat processor in Kenya and the larger East African region.
Kenya Meat Commission invites applications from self-motivated and qualified candidates for the following vacancies in its establishment.
The particulars of the vacancies are as indicated hereunder.
Grade KMC 3
The Livestock Manager will report to the Managing Commissioner and he/she will be responsible for the overall operations of the Livestock Department.
- Identifying areas to source livestock and supply of good quality livestock
- Monitoring prices in markets and advice management accordingly
- Identifying, assessing and engage suppliers of quality livestock to the Commission to ensure consistency
- Working with national and county veterinary officers on livestock movement and disease control
- Extension education (farmer to farmer) exhibitions
- Generation of monthly, quarterly and Annual Reports
- Management of livestock performance contract
- Pricing of livestock.
- Development of livestock department budget
- Approval of livestock payment vouchers
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the department
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in animal production/Animal science/Veterinary medicine or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Master’s degree in animal production/Animal science/Veterinary medicine or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years’ experience with at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Member of Animal Production Society of Kenya (APSK)
- Demonstrate supervisory, administrative ability and work performance.
How to Apply
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the respective positions advertised above, please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 27th November 2017.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Or online vide: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer