The Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) was formed in 1950 through an act of parliament with an objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and providing high-quality meat and meat products to consumers.
It is a public institution and by far the oldest and the most experienced meat processor in Kenya and the larger East African region.
Kenya Meat Commission invites applications from self-motivated and qualified candidates for the following vacancies in its establishment.
The particulars of the vacancies are as indicated hereunder.
Grade KMC 3
The Production Manager will report to the Managing Commissioner and he/she will be responsible for the overall operations of the Production Department.
- Develop sustainable production strategy in line with the business set objectives
- Participate in formulating and implementing strategic corporate decisions
- Advise management on key aspects related to production.
- Ensure availability of the relevant equipment, tools, and raw materials to support production capacity.
- Research and develop initiatives to improve production standards to manage costs.
- Develop, communicate and enforce key performance indicators to measure the efficiency of the production process.
- Implement food safety system and ensure all quality aspects of production are adhered to.
- Design, implement and review plans, standards and operating procedures in the department.
- Prepare periodic reports to management for decision making
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science & Technology or its equivalent from an accredited institution
- Ten (10) years’ experience with at least 6 years of supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree in Food Science & Technology or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Certified Lead Auditor FSMS, QMS
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial capabilities
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated merit ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution
How to Apply
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the respective positions advertised above, please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 27th November 2017.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Or online vide: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer