Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) was established on 12th March 2004 vide gazette notice No.1714 under the Water Act 2002 as a State Corporation.
It is responsible for the provision of efficient and economical Water and Sanitation Services in Kisumu, Kericho, Bomet, Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and some parts of Nandi and Narok Counties.
The Board wishes to recruit self-driven, result oriented and qualified individuals to fill the following vacant posts:
Ref: HR. 4/11/2017
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the successful candidates will perform the following duties;
- Driving Board motor vehicles as authorized.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling system, oil, electrical, tyre pressure and break systems.
- Detecting and reporting any malfunctioning of the vehicle’s systems.
- Ensuring the security and safety of the vehicle on and off road, including safety of passengers and goods therein.
- Maintain cleanliness and overall vehicle maintenance and management.
- Ensuring timely renewal of vehicle insurance and road licenses
- Maintenance of work ticket (s) for vehicle (s) assigned.
- Manage vehicle resources such as fuel, tools and any other items allocated from time to time.
- Assist in carrying out any other office duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Required skills and Qualifications
For appointment to his post the successful candidate must:-
- Have at least Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a mean grade of D plain.
- Have ability to communicate well in English and Kiswahili
- Be in possession of a valid driving license free from any current endorsement (s) for class B-C-E
- Have valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
- Have a minimum experience of five (5) years accident free driving.
- Have excellent team working skills, high Integrity/honesty, obedient, time conscious and able to work for long hours.
- Be below 45 years of age
- Possession of basic mechanical skills will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for the post, please send your application attaching detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic/professional certificates and testimonials stating your current position, remuneration and telephone contact by 29th November 2017 to
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P. O. Box 3325 – 40100
LVSWSB is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women, minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption in the Board.