Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) was established on 12th March 2004 vide gazette notice No.1714 under the Water Act 2002 as a State Corporation.
It is responsible for the provision of efficient and economical Water and Sanitation Services in Kisumu, Kericho, Bomet, Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and some parts of Nandi and Narok Counties.
The Board wishes to recruit self-driven, result oriented and qualified individuals to fill the following vacant posts:
Ref: HR. 3/11/2017
Required skills and Qualifications
For appointment to this position the successful candidate should:-
- Have at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized University.
- Have at least 6 years’ experience in design, installation and operations and maintenance of electro-mechanical works.
- Have demonstrated professional competence in management and performance of electromechanical duties including installations of electro / mechanical works.
- Be a registered Engineer with ERB.
- Knowledge of engineering design Software will be an added advantage.
- He/she should have knowledge in public procurement procedures.
- Be able to prepare timely reports
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on integrity and leadership. Please attach copies of compliance certificates from KRA, EACC and HELB and certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Manager Technical services and be responsible for:-
- Ensure proper design, installation, operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical works.
- Ensure that electro mechanical equipment such as pumps, electrical panels, motors are acquired and installed in conformity with the required technical specifications.
- Ensure that electro-mechanical equipment are operated and maintained as required.
- Updating and maintenance of electro-mechanical asset register.
- Undertake condition and performance assessment of electro-mechanical installation at water utilities.
- Provide technical support on operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical installations to staff at water utilities.
- Provide any other project engineering support services.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for the post, please send your application attaching detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic/professional certificates and testimonials stating your current position, remuneration and telephone contact by 29th November 2017 to
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P. O. Box 3325 – 40100
LVSWSB is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women, minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption in the Board.