Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) was established on 12th March 2004 vide gazette notice No.1714 under the Water Act 2002 as a State Corporation.
It is responsible for the provision of efficient and economical Water and Sanitation Services in Kisumu, Kericho, Bomet, Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and some parts of Nandi and Narok Counties.
The Board wishes to recruit self-driven, result oriented and qualified individuals to fill the following vacant posts:
Planning and Design Manager
Ref: HR 1/11/2017
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Manager Technical Services and be responsible for:
- Carrying out planning and design of water and sanitation projects and preparation of tender documents.
- Ensuring growth and sustainability of water and sanitation projects by developing strategies and proposals for improvement or development of new ones.
- Carrying out project identification, feasibility study and project appraisals
- Assist in developing strategic and business plans for the Board and other stakeholders
- Developing project proposals for the Board and other stake holders
- Developing project implementation cost estimates for use in sourcing for project funds.
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on project implementation progress and timely achievement of set targets.
- Providing technical assistance to various stakeholders in water and sanitation project planning, design and implementation.
For appointment to this position the successful candidate must:-
- Have a Bachelor of Science Degree in civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Have at least 6 years’ experience in water and sanitation project planning, design, implementation and management, with at least two years’ experience in a management position.
- Have experience in contract management.
- Be a registered Engineer with ERB.
- Experience in managing engineering design office or in charge of design team will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or other engineering design Software.
- Have strong writing and communication skills in English.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on integrity and leadership. Please attach copies of compliance certificates from KRA, EACC and HELB and certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for the post, please send your application attaching detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic/professional certificates and testimonials stating your current position, remuneration and telephone contact by 29th November 2017 to
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P. O. Box 3325 – 40100
LVSWSB is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women, minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption in the Board.