Centre for Behaviour Change and Communication [CBCC] is seeking to recruit a Program Assistant – Social and Behaviour Change Communication to be based in Kibish Sub County, Turkana for the AFYA TIMIZA project.
Job Ref: CBCC/AFYA TIMIZA/02/2017
Background: AFYA TIMIZA is a USAID project to support enhanced access to and utilization of quality Family Planning / Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent Health [FP/RMNCAH], Nutrition and WASH services in selected sub counties in Samburu & Turkana.
The project seeks to sustainably improve the health outcomes for mothers, children and adolescents in Samburu & Turkana Counties over a 5-year period [September 2016 to September 2021].
CBCC is one of the AFYA TIMIZA project partners responsible for increasing care-seeking and health promoting behaviours in the selected sub-counties in Samburu and Turkana.
- Responsible for the SBCC technical component of the AFYA TIMIZA project in Kibish sub county
- Strengthen the capacity of sub county level teams on SBCC in line with the relevant national and county communication strategy & guidelines
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the clients, including monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
- Ensure planning, implementation, M & E is executed and reported in line with the CBCC and USAID rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders at the sub county level
- Work collaboratively with other AFYA TIMIZA partner to ensure necessary project planning and implementation development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Participate regularly in relevant coordination and technical working groups and task forces at sub county level.
- Carry out other tasks as required by CBCC leadership ensuring overall success of the project
Diploma in any health-related field: Public Health, Nursing or Nutrition, a Higher diploma in Health Promotion & Education or a 1st degree in Public Health, Health promotion, Nutrition or other related field, or equivalent combination of education will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing SBCC in Public Health programs
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and providing SBCC technical assistance to public health programs
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong management, results oriented and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Proven ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner
- Strong experience in county-level advocacy and policy-planning
Salary Type: Negotiable
How to Apply
Applications and CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number by November 21st, 2017.
Due to the number of applications to be received only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CBCC is an equal opportunity employer