Our client, a non-deposit taking medium sized Sacco based in Nairobi with a membership of 1600 is looking for a dynamic and experienced person to fill the vacant position of a Sacco Accountant.
REF: CS /CCIA/ ACCT/2017
Reporting to the CEO, the position will be based in Nairobi
The Accountant shall be responsible for overseeing finance and accounting function in the Society:
- General supervision of Accounts Section staff
- Preparation of Society final accounts, Trial Balance, Balance sheets etc;
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets;
- Preparation of Economic reports;
- Ensure safe custody of the Society’s cheque books and other sensitive documents
- Developing financial management mechanisms;
- Conducting reviews/evaluations for cost reductions on various vote heads;
- Managing Sacco’s financial accounting and monitoring systems;
- To liaise with internal /External Auditors on audit Controls and act on management letters;
- Producing accurate financial reports;
- Give a cost benefit analysis on external borrowing for Board of Directors approval;
- Management of staff payrolls;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Ensuring the Society assets and liabilities are recorded correctly and safeguarded;
- Ensuring the necessary cash reserve is maintained as required by law;
- Keeping and managing debtors and creditors records;
- Implementation and review of the Society’s financial accounting policies and procedures;
- Giving guidance in all financial and accounting matters;
- Ensuring adequate budgetary controls are in place;
- Advising and overseeing prudent financial management and investment;
- Submitting implementation work plans and ensure proper reporting systems are in place;
- Approving payments made by the Society;
- Ensuring that accounts and reconciliation are done on a monthly basis and adherence to specific deadlines; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Are holders of a Business related degree or its equivalent from a recognised university and CPA (K) or ACCA
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA (K) or its equivalent
- CPA (K) and have satisfactorily served as an Accountant in the Society or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in a Sacco or in like organizations for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrated high financial management capability and Investment.
- Have good knowledge of Information Technology.
Attributes / Skills
- High financial management capability.
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High leadership and administrative capacity
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft office suite
How to apply
- CLICK HERE to Download the online form (openable with adobe reader)
- Once you complete, click on the SUBMIT button on the form, follow the simple instructions and send.
- Must indicate the Job Reference Number on the application form
The form must be submitted by end of 20th November 2017