TechnoServe Recruitment Notice
TechnoServe Background: TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Program Description: TechnoServe has entered into a partnership with Nespresso SA to introduce the Nespresso AAA Sustainable QualityTM Program in Kenya.
The overarching goal is to reduce poverty of smallholder coffee farmers in Kenya through increased coffee incomes as a result of improved yields, quality and market access to Nespressa’s AAA supply chain.
Job Vacancy: M&E Analyst
Position Description: The Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst shall lead the implementation of the strategies designed to assure high quality of data collection, collation, analysis and reporting through consistent application of existing monitoring and evaluation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the routine collection, collation, analysis and reporting of various project data streams according to the project and cohort work plans.
- Oversee and coordinate the carrying out of various field surveys and studies required for evaluating program effects and impacts.
- Receive, review, validate, analyze, and store various program data streams. Prepare and collate these into the relevant formats for preparing reports and feedback for decision support.
- Provide and maintain an efficient interface between a diverse field operations team and back office operations through troubleshooting support and corrective feedback based on indicators in various monitoring dashboards.
- Support the development of new and upgrading of existing digital data collection and reporting tools and systems, to include configuration and troubleshooting of electronic data collection equipment, training of users, and overseeing the field implementation of the systems.
- Ensure the integrity of program data and reports through well organized and secured paper and electronic filing systems.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Program Manager.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, development studies, business management or other relevant area of study.
- At least 3 years of work developing and/or implementing M & E systems with demonstrated prior experience
- Conducting field surveys both as a data collector and a data collection supervisor/team leader.
- Setting up and managing integrated databases.
- Creating and managing project performance monitoring plans.
- Designing and/or adapting data collection and collation templates using both paper and electronic/technology-based platforms.
- Advanced skills in Excel and STATA.
- Good understanding of sustainable rural development and social impact indicators.
- Strong planning skills and ability to work independently within agreed work plans and time lines and to generate solutions to changing work situations.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and strong oral & written presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Willingness to spend time working and travelling in project sites located rural areas.
- Possess a valid Kenyan driving licence.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application (by email only) to email@example.com with the position title placed in the subject line.
(1) cover letter describing your interest,
(2) curriculum vitae
(3) Current salary.
Please include all requirements in a single document (pdf).
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 16th November 2017.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TechnoServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females and Individuals with Disabilities.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||