The Aga Khan University Hospital
Job Title: Radiologist – Outreach Division
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services.
It is the only hospital in Kenya accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA, the University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Radiologist in the Outreach Department.
These are medical centers featuring three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified Medical Officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover.
The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as Radiology and Sonography services.
Position Summary: The incumbent will primarily be responsible for acquiring and interpreting medical images including Radiographs, CT MRI and Ultrasound for diagnostic purposes. Interventional Radiology will be an added advantage.
- Assessing patients
- Preparing written report of image interpretation
- Communicating diagnosis to physicians and/or patients through PACS and directly
- Recommending the type of radiology procedure suitable for the benefit of the patient
- Coordinating the day to day running of their section
- Ensuring medical procedures and policies are followed
- Ensuring availability and keeping control of relevant consumable Radiology supplies
- Planning, organizing and supervising the provision of quality radiology services
- Dealing with patient complaints
- Ensuring that all Radiation safety rules and regulations are followed
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- MMed Radiology or equivalent
- Certification and registration by the relevant Medical Practitioners and Dentists regulating body
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good MS Office computer skills
Interested candidates are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration to
HR Coordinator — Outreach Division
Aga Khan University Hospital.
Nairobi. P.O. Box 30270-00100,
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
so as to reach not later than 3rd January 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted