Good Neighbors Kenya
GNI is an international humanitarian and development NGO in general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN-ECOSOC) established in 1991.
GNI has made great strides in its mission to eradicate poverty and provide a better quality of life to people around the world through community development project.
We provide help and expertise through relief and development projects in the areas of education, health service, income generation, local community mobilization, child rights protection, and sustainable development projects.
GN Kenya is seeking a transparent, passionate and qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position:
M&E Coordinator (1)
Location: Head Office (Ruiru, Kiambu County)
Employment Period: 11 months (Feb – Dec 2018, renewable)
Employee Category: Full Time
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and information management systems.
S/he will work closely with the Operation manager and other managers from Head Office and Community Development Projects and implementation teams to ensure effective MEL practices are applied throughout the project period, and specifically provide technical leadership on related activities such as assessments, evaluations, learning events and the inter-agency accountability system.
a) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Designing and setting up of internal M&E System
- Support the Head of operations in planning and implementing key Inception Phase activities, conducting revisions to the logical frameworks as needed
- Support the Operations manager, Country director and organization field teams in active implementation of their M&E plans, ensure M&E plans are up-dated timely and M&E findings for all projects are included in all reports.
- Participate in POA development
- Lead regular sharing of the outputs and the M&E findings with project staff across the organization, working closely with the technical leads from each all CDPs and stakeholders
- Coordinate with all field staff to develop tools and methods to improve data collection for example, surveys, assessment and beneficiary data
- Link with data and grants management tools developed to collect information and profiling. Support teams to use these tools on all project activity levels.
- Organize, participate and collect field data and process / analyses data
- Take part and carry out assessments, evaluation and any other form of internal survey or review of projects
- Undertake field trips and do physical observation on on-going projects
- Lead the implementation of a Data Protection Policy and Information Management (IM) platform and securely transfer large program field data. Support all projects with accuracy of data entered in to the platform and day-to-day management.
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and staff to improve the field monitoring or any other monitoring needs.
- Lead in the development and refinement of Monitoring and Evaluation Plans and questionnaires for the assessments. The Coordinator will also review and approve any MEL tools developed by CDP field teams.
- Take the lead in supporting of any external evaluation consultancies.
- Participate in proposal writing and grant evaluations.
- Provide coaching, tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure capacity for successful support of high quality programming
- CDP formation and redesigning within Kenya Good Neighbors operation areas.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of accountability systems for Kenya Good Neighbors.
- Build the capacity of all organization staff to plan and implement effective accountability systems
- Set-up new / strengthen existing community feedback and response mechanisms across the organization as needed
c) Learning and project quality management
- Participate in project Kick-off meetings, review meetings and Close-out meeting in order to highlight components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between activities, partners and other interventions in the areas covered by Kenya Good Neighbors.
- Regularly present key M&E findings to the Country Director, Managing director, Operations manager, Project Steering Committee, Technical Working Group and others for further development.
- Support the project’s aim for further strengthened integrated programming and actively propose ways of achieving this using M&E findings.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Management