Good Neighbors Kenya
Head Office Accountants
GNI is an international humanitarian and development NGO in general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN-ECOSOC) established in 1991.
GNI has made great strides in its mission to eradicate poverty and provide a better quality of life to people around the world through community development project.
We provide help and expertise through relief and development projects in the areas of education, health service, income generation, local community mobilization, child rights protection, and sustainable development projects.
GN Kenya is seeking transparent, passionate and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Head Office Accountant (3)
Location: Head Office (Ruiru, Kiambu County)
Employment Period: 11 months (Feb – Dec 2018, renewable)
Employee Category: Full Time
- Ensure proper implementation of financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to accepted accounting standards.
- Select and enter data from variety of documents, ensure accuracy in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations.
- Record all expenses and receipts in the QuickBooks in a timely manner. Monitor the unposted items in the cash book and take necessary steps to clear them.
- Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for Head Office, Area Office and project offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc., based on authorizations received requisitions and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.
- Reconcile cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbook on a monthly basis
- Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates, Prepare financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
- Undertake in the process of Internal and External Audit.
- Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.