Good Neighbors Kenya
Legal Assistant Intern
GNI is an international humanitarian and development NGO in general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN-ECOSOC) established in 1991.
GNI has made great strides in its mission to eradicate poverty and provide a better quality of life to people around the world through community development project.
We provide help and expertise through relief and development projects in the areas of education, health service, income generation, local community mobilization, child rights protection, and sustainable development projects.
GN Kenya is seeking a transparent, passionate and qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Legal Assistant Intern (1)
Location: Head Office (Ruiru, Kiambu County)
Employment Period: 11 months (Feb – Dec 2018, renewable)
Employee Category: Internship
- To assist legal officer for all legal issues for the organization internally & externally
- Then incumbent will provide counsel to and work closely with human resources on a broad range of employment matters, including recruiting, hiring, benefits, compensation, employee relations, discipline, terminations, investigations, harassment, discrimination, compliance, and strategies for managing risk around employment matters.
- Work with Human Resource Department to conduct ongoing review and revision of Good Neighbors’ human resources policies.
- Work with Human Resource Department to prepare employment law training programs for management and other relevant managers when need be.
- Work with Human Resource Department to coordinate and manage external local and international counsel on personnel and compliance issues.
- Communication with Lawyers and relevant government officer
- Other relevant legal support and documentation review and drafting.