Jhpiego is a nonprofit NGO that prevents the needless deaths of women and families in limited resources settings.
To accomplish this, Jhpiego implements innovative evidence-based solutions for intractable problems in health to overcome barriers to high- quality care services for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego is the lead implementing partner for Afya Halisi, a USAID’s five year project which aims to deliver quality, integrated services in the areas of family planning (FP)/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the focus counties of Kitui, Migori, Kakamega and Kisumu.
Nutrition Senior Service Delivery Officer
Reporting to the Service Delivery Advisor, the Nutrition Senior Service Delivery Officer will be responsible for leading nutrition
component of Afya Halisi project in Kakamega and Migori Counties.
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and supervision of all nutrition activities in respective counties, and to ensure maximum integration of project activities across and within technical areas and counties.
- Support, train and mentor sub-county HMTs, and health workers on implementation of BFCI.
- Support internal (monitoring) and external assessment for BFHI sites for certification as baby friendly.
- Increase Vitamin A coverage by supporting sub counties to reach children in ECDs.
- Strengthening of nutrition data collection, reporting and use by mentoring health workers.
- Train and Mentor health workers on Micronutrients with a focus on Vitamin A and lEAS.
- Support IMAM Scale up in health facilities.
- Support County Nutrition TWO coordination meetings.
- Support repair and standardization of weighing scales and growth monitoring ¡n ECDs.
- Lead planning the preparation and finalization of periodic nutrition reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of first—hand experience in implementing donor funded Nutrition projects
- Demonstrated experience in working under the devolved health system in Kenya, private sector, NGOs, CBOs, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub—national level
- In-depth knowledge of USAID projects, regulations, compliance and reporting.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office suite
- Ability to travel to the other project sites as may become necessary
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 20 December 2017.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.