Kenya Children’s Home (KCH) was established by the Balcraig Foundation in 2002 when the Scottish charity took over the running of the former Thomas Barnardo House in Nairobi.
The orphanage is the flagship project of KCH and is home to up to 200 orphaned, destitute and abandoned babies and children at any one time.
Since its inception, KCH has grown significantly, extending its support far beyond the reach of the Nairobi orphanage, with the commencement and development of many other community projects throughout Kenya.
These projects continue to enrich the lives of many hundreds of Kenyan children and adults every day.
Job Title: P1 Teacher
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Duty station: Suswa-Narok County
Positions Available: 3
Availability: January 2018
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans, while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities and be able to use relevant technology to support instruction
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Measure and evaluate individual student’s overall and holistic performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and other assignments
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage overall student behavior and discipline in and out of class by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, in accordance with established disciplinary systems of the school
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- Participate in departmental, staff and parent meetings
- Attend scheduled teacher training sessions and participate actively
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff and management
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor