Job Title: Manager – Business Performance and Analysis
Organization Name: Safaricom Limited
Department Description: We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in M-PESA Business Performance and Analysis – M-PESA New Business Ventures within the Financial Services Business Division (M-PESA).
In keeping with our current business needs,we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Description: Reporting to the Senior Manager – Business Performance and Insights – New Business Ventures, the position holder will have the overall responsibility for analyzing and compiling business intelligence, performance metrics and preparation and presentation of reports.
This entails assisting to develop and maintain meaningful business reporting to ensure the achievement of annual performance targets through end-to-end performance management.
The role works with business unit partners to proactively research, undertake detailed analysis and inform the business of possible products and services and trends to guide the division strategic planning process.
- Assist in the development of strategic objectives and associated performance metrics to allow a ‘strategic view’ of divisional progress
- Analyse and summarise key insights from the key performance indicators tracked on a product, segment or regional basis daily, weekly, monthly or as required
- Deliver meaningful, accurate and timely performance management reports to demonstrate business performance and achievement against key performance indicators
- Develop the supporting narrative for interpreting the meaning and significance of the performance information.
- Identify internal and external factors that impact on performance and help inform any judgments and understanding of performance.
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis on data, markets, consumer behavior and trends in the payments and telecommunication space.
- Quantitatively evaluate the market size, competitor accomplishments and make recommendations to assist the business to achieve the set goals
- Develop a standard reporting suite and dashboard and deliver ad hoc analysis as appropriate
- Identification of relevant data sources and coordination of data gathering for relevant revenue reports across all segments and by product
- Analyze business results and monitor trends.
- Provide management information and reporting to the Leadership Team, highlighting business performance issues and opportunities
- Ensure data integrity, including reviewing own work to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Develop and maintain relevant and timely information for all forums to enable effective decision making and achievement of targets/forecasts
- Provide high quality analytical support by developing, clarifying and documenting business requirements, identifying appropriate data sources, extracting/cleansing data,developing appropriate presentation formats and explaining outputs to requesting manage
- Ensure business cases for all new products in the innovation road map are prepared within the set timelines. Ensure that the business cases and associated costs are prepared
- Generation of insights and mining of data for purposes of demonstrating opportunities for the product managers
- On a monthly basis share a deck of key insights from the key performance indicators tracked per product and per segment
- Develop a story which helps in interpreting the meaning and significance of the performance information.
- Identify the internal and external factors that impact on performance, and help inform any judgments and understanding of performance.
- Use both target and baseline (PY) data as a guide to performance assessment over time
- Prepare customized reports for M-PESA transactions records to forecast usage &activity
- Provide quantitative input to M-PESA tariff work stream
- Prepare reports for filing with the Central Bank
- Preparation of divisional financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field; Degree from a recognized university preferably in Finance or Accounting;
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- CPA(K) certification a must;
- At least 7 years working experience in the Financial Services Sector, Mobile money and Telco sector with expert knowledge in preparation of budgets and forecasts in a large company
- Must have excellent financial modeling experience, preferably in Excel and analytical skills.
- Must have worked in computerized environment preferably with Oracle application.
- Experience in international reporting and benchmarking
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the financial services competitive environment through market trends,market intelligence and providing insights for response to the findings
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services Sector coupled with the ability to translate customers’ needs into scalable product propositions to drive financial inclusion.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are upto the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
End Date 15-Dec-2017