Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare/Mukuru/Bangladesh
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible for achieve SHOFCO’s health overall mandate by implementing clinical services policies at the allocated
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Offer health care services to patients by taking history, examining patients, carry out investigations, prescribe treatment, follow-up of patients, and give health education talks.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Guide and counsel patients, clients, and staff on health issues.
- Respond to enquiries relating to patients, lab requests, x-rays, prescription requests, etc.
- Coordinate appointments for specialist referrals, x-rays, lab tests, etc. and convey pertinent instructions and information to the patient.
- Attend to clinical care centres patients and manage opportunistic infections.
- Conduct continuous medical education and health educations as may be required.
- Work with other team members and staff of other cadres in ensuring quality service provision.
- Be accountable for any equipment assigned and report to the line manager as may be required.
- Collect data and compile clinical reports.
- Collect and compile data for research on clinical services.
- Undergo coaching by more experienced clinical officers to achieve professional competences.
- Apply the SHOFCO’s health standard treatment and patient management.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Registered clinical officer preferably trained at KMTC
- Registration with clinical officer’s council with Current Practicing license is mandatory
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- 3 years’ experience in a busy health facility
- Basic HIV training/ experience
- Ability to : Take medical history of the patient, Perform a thorough physical examination, Order appropriate investigations, Make correct diagnosis, Prescribe and treat and Do patient follow-up
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Adopting practical approaches
- Inviting feedback
- Making decisions
- Meeting timescales
- Interacting with people
- Taking action
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.