Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Lab Technician
Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible in ensuring that SHOFCO achieves its mandate of providing the highest attainable standard of quality health care service delivery through timely, effective and efficient medical laboratory services.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests.
- Prepare clients for specimens’ collection.
- Receive, collect, label and register patients’ specimens.
- Undertake quality control measures on working reagents to ensure conformity with set norms and standards.
- Prepare, store and ensure availability and optimum utilization of reagents.
- Document all processes and results to ensure availability of supportive information and give reports on the same.
- Implement all set stock control procedures to ensure accountability.
- Maintain high standards in good laboratory practice, laboratory safety, and laboratory hygiene.
- Process and analyse specimens for special techniques including viral load and CD4 counts.
- Write, record and verify results.
- Ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external community members.
- Management and maintenance scheduling of Laboratory equipment.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution by KMLTTB
- Registered member of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board
- A certificate in computer applications from a recognised institution
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years’ experience in laboratory work
- Examining information
- Checking things
- Interacting with people
- Producing output
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
- Team working
- Establishing rapport
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.