Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Nurse
Section: Member/ Client Services
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare/Mukuru/Bangladesh
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible for providing holistic nursing services to outpatients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in health facilities and community.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Assess patients’ general condition to determine patient care.
- Support Clinical Officer as required during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Prepare equipment and ensure examination rooms are clean and stocked with required supplies and materials.
- Refer to the Clinical Officer relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Participate in community health surveys/campaigns and in training of community health workers.
- Administer prescribed medications, injections and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Act as a link between clients and different program areas to include CCC, ANC, PNC, nutrition, family planning.
- Conduct follow up home visits for clients with special cases.
- Work together with CHW and social worker to reach out to missed appointments and defaulters.
- Ensure timely and correct, timely data entry and completeness of data tools to include; prophylaxis, ART, PMTCT, HEI, TB, IPT and any other relevant tool.
- Co-ordinate client support groups.
- Co-ordinate timely reporting and ordering of supplies.
- Maintain high quality of service provision including patient confidentiality.
- Conduct CME’s and feedback after internal/external trainings.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing, Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse,
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years of cumulative relevant experience in nursing
- Examining information
- Documenting facts
- Inviting feedback
- Making decisions
Behavioral Competencies / Attributes:
- Interacting with people
- Following procedures
- Team working
- Understanding people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.