Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Nutritionist
Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work station: Kibera / Mathare / Mukuru / Bangladesh
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible, by working in close collaboration with the MOH nutrition team and community health volunteers, for the screening activities of severely malnourished children and provide an integrated, comprehensive nutrition package that partly involves one-on-one nutritional counselling and assessment; with the aim of helping our clients lead healthy lives.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Take a lead role in developing the clinic’s nutrition program at both technical and administrative levels.
- Provide nutrition assessment for special needs clients and those identified at high nutritional risk and develop and implement dietary-care plans and nutritional counselling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, including food selection and preparation.
- Capacity build health workers and the community on nutrition programmes/ interventions.
- Develop nutrition outreach tools, such as pamphlets or other materials.
- Provide nutritional outreach in the community via classes, health talks and collaboration with other SHOFCO programs.
- Guide the catering staff on meal planning, menu planning and meal service for patients.
- Complete monthly reports as required by the Government of Kenya and SHOFCO.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
- Conduct nutrition reviews, education and counsel patients.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Diploma or degree in Nutrition and dietetics
- Registration with the Kenya Nutritionist and Dietetics Board (KNDB)
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- Knowledge of fitness program and sports nutrition
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy health facility
- Examining information
- Providing insights
- Developing expertise
- Articulating information
Behavioral Competencies / Attributes:
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
- Team working
- Interacting with people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.