Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare/Mukuru/Bangladesh
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible for checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors, dispensing medications by compounding,
packaging, and labelling pharmaceuticals and ensuring that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient and
providing advice on the dosage of medicines.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Verify, interpret and process orders and prescription.
- Dispense drugs and counsel patients on the proper use of drugs dispensed.
- Take part in supply chain management to ensure that essential stocks are available in the pharmacy at all times.
- Monitor stock levels of drugs and place orders when necessary.
- Keep appropriate documentation for accountability and research needs.
- Conduct continuous medical examination sessions relating to drugs and other health care products.
- Monitor storage conditions i.e. expiry status and security of the pharmaceuticals.
- Provide the clinicians with a weekly update on available drugs or those in short supply as well as advising them on
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Enrolled member of the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Member of the Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years’ experience of cumulative relevant experience
- Examining information
- Interpreting data
- Making decisions
- Meeting timescales
Behavioral Competencies / Attributes:
- Following procedures
- Interacting with people
- Upholding standards
- Producing output
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.