Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Section: Business Services
Department: Information Technology
Location / Work station: Kibera / Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Reports to: IT Director
Direct reports: Systems Administrators
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the efficient, consistent running of SHOFCO’s IT Systems.
This includes planning, directing, and coordinating activities needed to provide hardware, software and network support for onsite and remote users of SHOFCO services.
To be responsible for managing the IT estate smoothly, for measuring performance and availability, running efficient and fast IT support processes and reporting on progress.
This person will manage budgets and capacity to deal with growing IT requirements of SHOFCO.
The person needs to naturally take responsibility and be rigid in their pursuit of best practice processes.
They should also be data driven and put in place the right metrics to measure and improve on service levels.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Direct daily IT operations, being the escalation point for IT issue resolutions.
- Understand everyday priorities of department heads to allow for prioritisation of IT response.
- Run a team responsible for providing users with technical support for computer problems.
- Run a team responsible for producing user guides and support guides for SHOFCO’s IT systems.
- Ensure that data security and control steps are taken to insure data control, data safety and disaster recovery.
- Build an IT support team by helping to recruit, hire, train and supervise IT staff.
- Work with the IT Director to evaluate the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Stay current on trends and changes within the IT management field.
- Prepare and review operational reports with the right metrics to drive up service availability and performance.
- Implement best practice processes for IT support, issue resolution and change management.
- Perform quality assurance on project plans to ensure solutions are supportable, cost effective, available and secure.
- Responsible for recording and tracking IT budgets and inventories.
- Owns relationships, manages vendors and support contracts
- Develops user training communications, material and procedures for their team.
- Provide day to day direction to and supervision of support technicians helping each support technician to grow in their capacity and value SHOFCO.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or any other related field
- Qualification in Information Technology or any other related field
- ITIL Desired
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 6 years’ experience in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products
- Experience of managing IT Operations teams
- Making decisions
- Taking action
- Generating ideas
- Exploring possibilities
- Team working
- Directing people
- Seizing opportunities
- Understanding people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 15th December 2017.