Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Title: Systems Administrator (Networks)
Section: Business Services
Department: Information Technology
Location / Work station: Kibera / Mathare / Mukuru / Bangladesh
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Direct reports: IT Assistant
Job Purpose: To be responsible for providing first class applications support/services to internal SHOFCO users and ensuring a properly secured and managed network system environment.
This is a role that specialises in a certain area or system (in this case wireless and networks) but also contributes generally to issue resolution of any system within SHOFCO.
The colleague will be the subject matter expert on the system in question, and responsible for the setup and configuration of the system, its users and for maintenance.
This person also contributes to future plans and implements changes on the system. This role is responsible for the production of relevant support and user guides for the system.
Key Responsibilities / Duties/ Tasks
- Maintain system efficiency and ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Analyse and isolate issues and troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Setup monitoring and monitor system for performance, security and availability
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Produce user and support guides.
- Educate and coach users in the proper use of systems.
- Contribute to change projects.
- As required, administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Diploma in Information Technology or any other related field
- Qualification in Information Technology or any other related field
- ITIL is desired
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT systems administration
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, routers etc. or working knowledge of software (APIs, programming, configuration)
- Issue diagnosis
- IT Security skills
- Software/hardware skills
- Managing tasks
Behavioural Competencies /Attributes
- Problem Solving
- Team working
- Taking responsibility
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Applications should reach us no later than 15th December 2017.