Job Vacancy: Climate Change and Renewable Energy Advocacy Advisor
Company Description: SNV Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) is an international not-for-profit development organization, which provides capacity development services to nearly 2,500 organizations in over 30 countries worldwide.
SNV specializes in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and services, strengthening governance systems, helping to create access for excluded groups and by making markets work for the poor.
Background Information: SNV Kenya is steering the Voice for Change Partnership (V4CP) Project.
This multi-sector project focuses on evidence-based advocacy to create and improve an enabling environment in Food & Nutrition Security, Resilience, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH). Within the V4CP project, SNV is working with nine Civil Society Organisations).
SNV seeks an experienced Advocacy Advisor to join the Voice for Change Partnership to be responsible for two thematic areas of Climate Change Resilience (with a focus on Pastoralism in Kenya) and Renewable Energy (focusing on clean cooking).
This five-year global project funded by DGIS (the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs), aims at strengthening capacities of CSOs to advocate for a conducive enabling environment in WASH, Renewable Energy, Food & Nutrition Security and Resilience.
For Food & Nutrition Security and Resilience, the project will be implemented together with IFPRI under the leadership of SNV.
The project is implemented in six countries (Kenya, Rwanda, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Honduras and Indonesia) and focuses on policy engagement at county level, national level as well as at the global level.
The Advocacy advisor will be a member of the Kenya V4CP project team and reports to the Project Manager.
The team member will also liaise with the responsible global thematic leads on the advocacy direction throughout the implementation of the project.
- Lead further project design and implementation for the respective thematic areas within the overall project framework and logic.
- Guide and support project implementation through capacity development of civil society organizations on evidence based advocacy, including support to creation and use of evidence, providing thematic knowledge and coaching on advocacy strategy
- Facilitate CSOs advocacy engagement with respective sector actors (government and private
- Steer capacity development processes in collaboration with coaches to contribute to enhanced competencies and organization sustainability of participating CSOs.
- Regularly monitor results and internal budgets as per donor and SNV requirements and through continuous risk management efforts
- Coordinate and foster collaboration between CSOs working within each thematic area
- Oversee and provide guidance to implementation and monitoring of advocacy activities with CSOs at thematic group level
- Link country activities in renewable energy and resilience to wider advocacy activities at regional and global level
- Contribute to the overall management of the project in collaboration with advocacy advisors for the other themes and with the SNV Kenya project management team
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge development, in particular regarding evidence based advocacy and liaise with relevant stakeholders in this regard
- Profile and position SNV towards potentially interested donors for Evidence Based Advocacy and beyond for the specific theme and ensure additional funding through submission of successful proposals
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Application deadline: Wednesday, 10th January 2018