Tai SACCO, a Deposit Taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) in Kenya wishes to recruit a motivated and passionate individual to join our high performing team in the following position:-
Debts Recovery Officer
The purpose of the job: To assist in the recovery of all debts, using a holistic approach to ensure that help and support is provided where possible so that litigation is a last resort.
Duties / Functions
- Analyze bad debts based on aging and prescribe appropriate actions to retrieve all arrears from non – performing clients
- Demand and follow up of bad debts through review of files and discussions with debtors on repayment plans.
- Relationship management with clients on handling customers with bad debts through visits calls and emails.
- Handling multiple client debt portfolios with diverse products; experiences and challenges.
- Establish contacts and relationships with relevant bodies that will assist in the collection process.
- Repossession and Disposal of Assets – The recovery officer will liaise with auctioneers and investigators to locate seize and dispose of assets of loans that have defaulted, within the law and with all notifications served upon the customer, in time.
- Undertake any additional duties that may be prescribed by the immediate supervisor
Requirements for the Debt Collection Officer Job
- Diploma in Co-operative Management/ banking/ finance or Credit Management
- One year experience in debt collection field.
- Prior interaction with a debt collection system.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Should be a self-motivated team player who enjoys negotiating with customers for winwin situations.
- Must have proven ability to develop relationships with agencies necessary to make recovery work successfully.
- Must have ability to work with strict deadlines
- Administrative and computer skills required.
- Must be 27 to 30 years.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed CV’s with three referees, one of whom should be the current employer, copies of academic testimonials, current remuneration package on or before 20th December 2017 to email@example.com.
The position applied for should be the subject in your mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
TAI SACCO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYER.