Tai SACCO, a Deposit Taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) in Kenya wishes to recruit motivated and passionate individuals to join our high performing team in the following positions:-
Micro Finance Officer
The purpose of the Job: The primary function of this Job is outreach, promotion, client assessment, intake, supervision and monitoring of clients with the intention of gradually growing and sustaining a healthy portfolio, an optimum number of clients and clients groups(as per the performance standards discussed with the supervisor by undertaking various activities in order to achieve desired SACCO objectives.
Duties / functions
- Conduct market survey before initiating any program in a new area.
- Conduct awareness creation and mobilization meetings.
- Assess and select viable groups using the laid down criteria.
- Train clients on Tai SACCO lending procedures and requirements(credit and group management)
- Mobilization of savings among clients.
- Ensure loan applications are done correctly.
- Ensure loan appraisal and approval are done following set criteria and conditions.
- Disburse loans to right borrowers and at appropriate times.
- Ensure loan repayments are done timely and banked in Tai SACCO account monthly.
- Ensure proper records are kept by you and the group for loans and savings.
- Put in place mechanisms of managing arrears and default(ensure healthy portfolio at all times)
- Provide reports on the program monthly or when needed to the Micro- finance Manager
- Conduct training needs assessment of existing clients.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Micro-finance/Entrepreneurship/Co-operative Management
- Certificate in Credit Management will be an added advantage
- Computer literate
- 2 years’ experience in a busy Micro Finance Institution
- 26 to 30 years
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed CV’s with three referees, one of whom should be the current employer, copies of academic testimonials, current remuneration package on or before 20th December 2017 to email@example.com.
The position applied for should be the subject in your mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
TAI SACCO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYER.