Republic of Kenya
Tana River County Government
Office of the County Public Service Board
The County Public Service Board of Tana River wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:-
Deputy Director, Finance
One (1) Post
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Duties and responsibilities
- Systematic scheduling of expenditures consistent with work Plans;
- Contract liability projections for the identification and budgeting of contractual and legal financial obligations;
- Budget planning, preparation and implementation;
- Coordinating the preparation of annual work plans, Procurement plans and cash management;
- Advising the Accounting Officers on financial management matters;
- Coordinating the preparation of Departmental Public Expenditure Reviews and the sector reports;
- Coordinate the allocation of resources among a number of Departments;
- Provide leadership in Budget Management to a number of officers who are in charge of departments;
- Take charge of all matters pertaining to the budget, including Preparation printing and submission of the estimates to County assembly;
- Deal with County assembly questions and issues pertaining to Expenditure, monitoring and control;
- Advise the county treasury on Budget Management; and
- Assess the risk involved in new and existing budget policies.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
i. Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of ten (10) years; Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Commerce (Finance option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or Finance or any other related qualification from a recognized university;
ii. Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, Commerce or in a financial related discipline from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
iii. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
iv. Shown outstanding capability in Financial Management; and
v. Attended strategic leadership Development Programme course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three referees, and other relevant testimonials to:-
The Board Secretary & C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 12th January 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply.