Republic of Kenya
Tana River County Government
Office of the County Public Service Board
The County Public Service Board of Tana River wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:-
Director Supply Chain Management Services
One (1) Post
Terms of service: contract
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating policy review on procedures rules and regulations;
- Ensuring preparation of procurement plans in the Departments;
- Operationalization of e-government procurement strategies and inventory management;
- Advising on Outsourcing of the procurement and disposal function of goods and services;
- Participating in development and preparation of specific departmental procurement and inventory manuals;
- Providing guidelines in safety and security of stores;
- Ensuring timely disclosure of information on procurement opportunities and awarded contracts;
- Ensuring cordial supplier relationships;
- Preparing budgets and Procurement work plans;
- Developing and reviewing performance targets and agreements.
- Participating in negotiations with suppliers of goods, works and services
- Reviewing of contract documents;
- Maintaining of professional standards and practices in the procurement function;
- Dissemination of market and financial information;
- Participating in project design and implementation;
- Designing of training programmes for Supply Chain Management personnel.
- Ensuring adherence to the laid down procedures, rules and regulations;
- Analyzing the impact of Supply Chain Management Policies, Rules and Regulations;
- Advising the Accounting Officers on Supply Chain Management standards;
- Advising the County on Supply Chain Management matters and interpreting of other laws and statutes that impact on Supply Chain Management matters; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of ten (10) years.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supplies Management, Marketing, Law or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Masters Degree in any of the following :- Procurement and Supply Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated professional competence, administrative, capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the supply Chain Management function and possess thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management issues and emerging Supply Chain Management trends and techniques.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three referees, and other relevant testimonials to:-
The Board Secretary & C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 12th January 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply.