Republic of Kenya
Tana River County Government
Office of the County Public Service Board
The County Public Service Board of Tana River wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:-
One (1) Post
Terms of service: contract
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Head of the County Public Service and Secretary to the County Executive Committee;
- Responsible for arranging the business and keeping the minutes of the County Executive Committee;
- Ensure efficient management of resources;
- Co-ordination of County Government Programmes;
- Interpret, disseminate and oversee implementation of National and County Government Policies;
- Convey the decisions of the Executive Committee to appropriate persons or authorities;
- Provide direction and guidance to public officers in the County; and
- Perform any other duties as directed by the County Executive Committee.
Requirement for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Have not less than ten (10) years of experience in administration and management;
- Possess adequate knowledge of organization and functions of government;
- A relevant masters degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the public service;
- Proof of registration with the relevant professional body will be an added advantage;
- Be computer literate; and
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three referees, and other relevant testimonials to:-
The Board Secretary & C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 12th January 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply.