Job Opening: System Developer, Nairobi
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living.
With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Job Summary: You will be collaborating and learning with a seasoned team of fellow developers and ICT project managers with more than 20+ years of combined industry knowledge and implementing a distributed system in a highly rated organisation that positively impacts lives in tough living environments in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To realize the organization’s intention of integrating access to all of its management, financial, monitoring & Evaluation and reporting operations, we are looking to recruit an in-house team of two or three developers that will be responsible for:
- The selection of a suitable Open Source ERP platform/framework, to best suit implementation and integration of existing and specified applications.
- Working with third-party contractors to oversee implementation (on AAH-I’s ERP platform) of purchased applications.
- Ensuring documentation of code & user manuals.
- Carrying out training of staff across our operating regions.
- Conducting internal audits of vendor-supplied and integrated applications.
The desired ERP will feature an integrated implementation of a central, hosted, normalised open source (PostgreSQL) database, on which all management applications will be configured.
The applications include:
- Financial management
- Human Resources Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Warehousing & distributed inventory management
- Fuel Management
- Equipment & Machinery management
- The organisation’s intranet applications
- Upcoming applications in future.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of software development best practices
- Consciousness to and commitment to project management fundamentals (time, deliverables, quality)
- Programming skills : Python, HTML5, JQuery and API development
- Database servers: PostgreSQL, MySQL interactions, including ORMs and performance tuning/optimization.
- Experience with MVC frameworks for developing APIs
- Previous DevOps experience
- Familiarity with Odoo development will be an added advantage
AAH-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in this position, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 6th February 2018.