Act Change Transform (Act!) is a local Non-Governmental Organization whose mission is to facilitate the empowerment of marginalized people and communities in Kenya and neighboring countries, to become active participants in their development by enabling them to: stand up for their rights; demand good governance in the management of resources; and participate in decision making processes.
Act! does this through implementing partners, offering them capacity development, management of grants so that value for money is achieved and providing strategic leadership in national advocacy for the benefit of women, youth, people with disabilities and other marginalized communities.
We are currently seeking for a passionate, competent and committed individual to join us for the position below:
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will primarily be responsible for day to day the implementation of an efficient administrative system within Act!’s laid down policies and procedures framework to support Mombasa Office operations.
S/he will work collaboratively with all staff to provide administrative support towards ensuring operational efficiency as well as have significant contact and interaction with Act!s business partners to provide goods and services while ensuring that Service Level Agreement deliverables are being met satisfactorily within the Mombasa office.
Specifically, the administrative officer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Ensure efficient and effective running of all Mombasa office operations and management.
- Take full responsibility over the day to day management of a fully documented assets management system to support Act!s management of assets based on best practice (Compare best practice verses Act!s system) and conduct a physical bi-annual assets management systems audit before 31st December of each year.
- Store management to ensure proper tracking of both equipment’s and office supplies.
- Ensuring effective maintenance and repairs of assets and other administrative infrastructural systems, liaising with the appropriate staff to arrange quality repairs of reported malfunctions in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Establish and maintain a filing system for the Mombasa Office.
- Ensure the Mombasa office is conducive, tidy and clean at all times.
- Take full responsibility of all documents to be sent to Nairobi for payment processing through courier.
- Ensure vendor invoices and transaction support documents are presented in the prescribed manner in accordance with donor requirements.
- Prepare process and track payment in liaison with the Act! Finance Department in Nairobi.
- Manage Mombasa office petty cash in the prescribed manner
- Ensure the administrative hand over for staff exits is undertaken in compliance with Act’s policies.
- Assist in the implementation of security management system and protocols to support Act!s operations field offices.
- In collaboration with the driver(s), take full responsibility of day to day management of Mombasa Office fleet of vehicles while ensuring that documentation, vehicle insurances, logbooks, fuel consumption and maintenance / servicing protocols are observed at all times.
- Supervise the driver and the Office Cleaner.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or related business field.
- A diploma in Logistics, Procurement or Administration.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the Administration or Logistics with sound understanding of NGO Operations especially in a USAID funding environment.
- Negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Understanding of procurement and contract laws especially USAID rules and regulations.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Must be result-oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines in an extremely busy environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment at all levels.
- Experience working in the coastal region.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as contained in the job description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an application cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this opportunity, quoting your current/last gross salary and three referees including their most current contact details. All applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com quoting the reference number (ACT/ADO/02/2018).
Deadline for applications submission is 12:00 noon Friday 2nd February 2018
Act! is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance to corruption.