An Exciting Career Opportunity: Procurement Assistant
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a premier capacity building institution devoted to the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
AERC, now 29 years in existence was formed to address a glaring gap in economic policy analysis and research, coupled with a need to strengthen postgraduate training in economics, in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are seeking to fill the position of a Procurement Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position will report to the Procurement Officer.
Overall Job Purpose: The Procurement Assistant supports the Procurement Unit in the efficient procurement of goods and services within the organization.
He/ She supports the Procurement Officer to ensure that project procurement and grant procedures are compliant and conducted according to the procurement policies and procedures and donor funded procurement guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support in the entire procurement process which includes the preparation of tender documents, identification of potential suppliers and consultants including the evaluation of tenders and preparation of contracts.
- Assist in monitoring and updating the procurement plans
- Providing support in contract management activities and management of outsourced activities.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic procurement performance reports.
- Assists in the management of the organization’s fixed assets.
- Manage the central store of inventory of office supplies and stationery.
- Ensure all VAT applications for invoices received have been processed.
- Follow up on the VAT exemptions.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline; Diploma/ Certificate in purchasing and supplies; At least 3 years relevant experience.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates integrity and has the ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications and databases such as; MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet;
- Knowledge of computerized procurement systems will be an added advantage.
AERC offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to visit AERC’s website at www.aercafrica.org to view the detailed descriptions of duties and required qualifications.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by Friday, February 9th, 2018.
Due to the expected volume of applications, AERC will only enter into further correspondence with short-listed candidates.