The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The hospital seeks to recruit ideal candidates for the following positions:
Head of Nursing Services
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to Nursing Services.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, s/he will lead and facilitate the provision of excellent patient centered nursing care services in collaboration with key clinical and identified support services to enhance and uphold the institution vision and mission.
- Providing leadership in implementing Nursing and Professional Practice standards for nurses
- Participating in the development of the overall strategic plan for the institution and linking the same to the strategic plan for nursing division
- Creating and implementing appropriate professional practice structures for nursing staff with appropriate monitoring indicators to provide oversight of nursing clinical quality in collaboration with the Medical Director
- Implementing the strategic plan by setting realistic service goals and standardising approaches and processes in the department, including admission and discharge practices, bed utilization and documentation
- Fostering multidisciplinary collaboration to ensure optimal patient care
- Developing nursing budget and ensuring budget control
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to nursing staff and monitor staff practice and implementation
- Evaluate the work performance of all nursing personnel, assist in the determination of training and development needs of the department and implement discipline according to operational policies
- Actively participate in quality initiative programmes including JCIA and ISO
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing either from a local or international institution recognized by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- A Master of Science in Nursing either from a local or international institution recognized by the Nursing Council of Kenya will be an added advantage
- Must have a KRN/KRM/KRCHN Diploma recognized by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have a valid registration and licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- S/he will have a minimum of eight (8) years working experience; five (5) of which should be current and in a busy Hospital setup with hands on experience in matters relating to Nursing
- S/he must demonstrate understanding of nursing education and quality initiatives not limited to JCIA and ISO
- S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
- In addition s/he should be a strategic thinker with a proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations and generate astute and practical solutions.
Only Application letter and CV should be emailed to email@example.com
Deadline of submitting application is on 07th February 2018
More details on the job should be access at www.akdn.org/careercenter
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.