An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Agile Test Analyst to join a well-established and growing team in ICT Quality Assurance.
The analyst works as a conduit between the technology teams and business users within the sandbox to ensure that the teams are fully aligned on technology adoption and business needs.
The agile analyst will co-ordinate all quality control activities and testing activities across different tasks within the sandbox to ensure a quality mindfulness in planning, design, development and delivery of new products.
The agile test analyst will be responsible for design of quality approach while co-ordinating the preparation activities for quality control and testing within a system or project implementation, this is achieved by continuous interactive value adding engagements with all sandbox members to ensure quality is factored in all tasks right from planning, design and development.
Reporting to the Head – ICT Quality Assurance, the role-holder will ensure comprehensive test scenario coverage of user stories, integration and regression points and guide user acceptance testing in addition to undertaking risk based system evaluation to determine the types of testing required and the extent to which they should be undertaken and executed.
The role holder will also develop a proactive approach to prevent envisioned risks by involving timely input by all key stakeholders, identifying areas of ambiguity for clarity on key touch points, as well as prompt review of output for alignment and consensus building.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Create and implement test approaches and test cases based on user stories and systems integration diagrams, and come up with test scripts that are comprehensive.
- Develop and Implement regression test suites, which include features like Data Driven tests, Database & Batch checks and functions & components validations.
- Work as part of a scrum team, and to ensure that quality is built into a product by working closely with the product owner and developers.
- Develop a 360 view out of the story cards to develop an acceptance criterion that informs how to consider a story “done”.
- Manage continuous test deployments and verify the sufficiency of provisioned test environments.
- Identify key stakeholders within and out of the scrum who can help add value to the process and the product and proactively engage them by initiating meaningful and collaborative communication on quality matters to ensure developers and product owners are on the same page.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design right from onset.
- Positioning technical input by working with the programmers to get issues resolved and moving through enhanced code review, requirements/user stories grooming, and enforcing adherence to coding standards.
- Build a quality culture within the scrums by inculcating a quality focused approach in execution of all agile tasks.
- Clarify user stories and changes, ensuring a highly interactive and analytical approach within the iterative and incremental process.
- Identify risks, mitigating them where possible, and prioritizing all tasks that could help deliver a shippable product at the end of every sprint.
- Give guidance on automation opportunities in making the delivery more efficient such as give input on automating nightly builds, Integration, and regression, as well as exploratory and acceptance testing.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or related fields from a recognized university. Additional training in Project management, Quality Assurance and System testing will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years of experience in agile system testing and software quality control coupled with strong knowledge of system testing and software quality control best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in project planning, coordination and reporting
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language coupled with Interpersonal skills, to facilitate creation of test cases
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws coupled with experience in use of Oracle and PostgreSQL database management systems for data maintenance and analysis.
- Detail-oriented individual who can be relied on to produce accurate deliverables
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number ATA/ICTQA/2018 by 18th January, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.