Job Title: Agronomist – Seed Production
Our Client is a leading international vegetable seed company based in Nanyuki.
They seek to hire a competent Agronomist.
He or she will be tasked with supervising and helping out-growers to ensure seed production (from sowing / transplanting to seed extraction) according to targets of quality, quantity, timelines and costs for farm-allocated crops and to record all production data.
- Providing production advice to the growers on optimum use of fertilizer and pesticide
- Responsible for providing follow up reports by crop for each plot
- Responsible for controlling and guaranteeing purity levels during pollination and harvesting.
- Ensuring regular control during the crop cycle to guarantee the germination
- Creation and updating of operation protocols
- Implementation of a production report for out growers
- Visit out-growers with Cucurbit and Solanum Supply Chain Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences or related field of study
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar position
- Should have a strong agronomical profile and passion for plants.
- A strong personality with vision.
- Must be proactive and be able to work autonomously
- Should be a team player and motivator with strong leadership skills
- Should be flexible and willing to learn.
- Holder of a valid driving license
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your C.V only quoting the job title on the email subject (Agronomist – Seed Production) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 12th January 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.