Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993.
AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services.
AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties.
AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya and wishes to fill the following position based in Likoni -Mombasa.
Ref No: FO/WWW/01/2018
- Diploma in community development, community health or social sciences.
- At least 2 years post training experience in NGO Project work in urban slums preferably in coast region.
- Strong leadership and community engagement skills
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong communication ability especially use of emails & report writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & on short notice.
- Provides direct technical support to the implementation of School based WWW project activities in 41 schools in Mombasa County including School Health Clubs, Child Right Clubs, Teacher Coaching linkage, Quality Assurance and Gender Responsive Pedagogy,
- Provides overall leadership and support supervision of community health workers and facilitators attached to the project in Mombasa County
- Prepares WWW project reports for onward submission to program manager on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis,
- Prepares activity monthly work plan in consultation with other project staff
- Provides programming support to Community based WWW project activities in the technical areas of Community Health Strategies and Community Conversations as requested by field actors and other project staff.
- Support, supervise and regularly monitor community health volunteers and community facilitators.
- Performs any other duties as directed by the Program Manager
How to Apply
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th January 2018 indicating current and expected Salary.
For more details on job description visit www.amurtafrica.org
Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number FO/WWW/01/2018 as the email subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.