BlueInventure is looking to recruit a Knowledge & MERL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research And Learning) Officer.
About Us: We area regional strategic business growth advisory firm that provides business strategy solutions to enable businesses to thrive.
We work in collaboration with partners to provide business solutions to business enterprises including enabling access finance, markets and knowledge expertise.
We create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive in order to support our vision of a transforming Africa through enterprise.
About The Job: The job purpose is to provide monitoring, evaluation, results and learning support to the company’s initiatives countrywide including direct support on new business development, program start-up, quality assessment and improvement of on-going monitoring and all evaluations.
The position holder will also oversee and ensure the collection, collation, cleaning and analysis MERL data from the regions for reporting at head office level.
- Liaise with top management to develop the company’s MERL policy, tools and data quality assurance standards.
- Ensure data quality as per the company’s and its partners’ data quality assurance standards
- Working with the business development and service delivery teams to ensure proper application and use of all data capture and reporting tools.
- Update MERL and other related databases as per the approved guidelines.
- Collect and collate relevant indicator data for reporting purposes.
- Liaise with the service delivery team to ensure that client activities are tracked and updated using the relevant tracking tools.
- Undertaking regular monitoring and evaluation of the company’s activities and clients’ outcomes.
- Undertaking data analysis and reporting within the company
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Provide technical inputs, draft and edit Knowledge Products for the company
- Participate in the authoring of the company’s Annual Progress Reports;
- Assist with writing of blogs and district reports in different LEAD Projects.
- Support preparation and monitoring of guidelines for content writing, dissemination, learning, and capacity building.
- Support the identification and engagement of experts/teams for outsourcing Knowledge Management and Learning activities, when needed;
- Support the identification of areas/topics for research, surveys, case studies, occasional papers and other periodic or ad hoc publications of the organization;
- Facilitate the team members in developing quarterly work plans to carry out the Knowledge Management and Learning activities;
- Liaise with management to strengthen the design and delivery of communications and knowledge management activities, with a particular focus on making links with learning activities.
- Regularly coordinate with the Marketing and Communications, Community Management and Service Delivery teams for disseminating research publications to stakeholders and target audience in the form of surveys, case studies, and research reports.
- Synthesize lessons and experiences for continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with all organizational policies, rules and regulations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in social sciences, development studies, statistics, economics or related field, such as operations research, quantitative analysis
- Qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Minimum experience 3-5 years in a similar role.
- Strong information technology skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong experience with research, data collection and management, analysis and report writting
- Experience in knowledge management systems, tools, processes and practices.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data analysis and report writing
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Experience and capacity in institutional M&E systems and standards.
- Experience in setting up data bases and dashboards.
- Ability to facilitate information sharing
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadline
Interested candidates should send their CV’s firstname.lastname@example.org.
This should reach us by 9th Friday, February 2018.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary and the notice period you require.
The email subject should read KNOWLEDGE & MERL (MONITORING, EVALUATION, RESEARCH AND LEARNING) OFFICER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.