Job Title: Book Sales Representative
We are looking for suitable candidates to fill regional positions in Kenya on a contract and commission basis, graduating to permanent terms upon proof of performance.
Our areas of focus are Nairobi, Eldoret, Thika, Nakuru, Kisii, Mombasa,Kirinyaga, Kitui and Wote metropolitan areas.
Company Profile: We are a broad based educational company involved in book publishing, educational consultancy, strategy mapping, printing and book distribution.
We are a leading supplier of differentiated quality educational products in the East African marketplace.
Job Purpose: It entails meeting business goals and working to achieve long term growth of book products in public and private schools in Kenya.
The candidate will liase with bookshops and form a network for purposes of reaching and surpassing targets. It will call for great ingenuity and resilience as they pursue leads and mature them into orders.
You will be expected to:
- Market and undertake sales activities to ensure that targets are met and performance targets maintained.
- Develop work programmes and schedules
- Collect payments for goods not paid for
- Advice management on new areas of sales improvement.
- Participate in the preparation of sales annual budgets in consultation with the Chief Sales Officer.
- Monitor competition activities and advise the company on counter strategies.
- Apply the policy and criteria for credit customers
- Prepare periodic reports on sales activities and performance targets
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in a Business course or a marketing related field
- Work Experience: 3+ years of experience in direct sales and willing to learn.
- Should be willing to relocate to any part of the country
- Personal skills
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enjoys working in a team and reporting on their activities
- Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively on business
- Able to prioritize
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
Sound like a job for you?
How to work with us?
Life at our organisation means forming a relationship and collaborating with dedicated professionals in a vibrant environment.
Apply by sending your CV and Cover letter in word or PDF format to email@example.com with the position as the subject on or before 10th January 2018.