Vacant Position: ICT Communications Assistant Intern
Who We Are: Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education.
Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 24 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia.
Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are?
Do you think that we need innovation in education?
Do you want to challenge the status quo?
Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization.
If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-past, always changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
About the Role: The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop and mobile support to all business users.
The department is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision throughout the business.
The Communication Assistant, will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions while ensuring that lines of communications with Academies are open and working.
What You Will Do
The role holder will work collaboratively within the IT Team to achieve the following:
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all Bridge staff, covering all Mobile lines, software, smartphones and tablets, as well as any associated peripherals.
- Assist with troubleshooting and reporting on mobile line related issues as first level of contact and where relevant feedback with relevant managers on course of action to remedy faulty situations.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory by ensuring that all reconciliation on asset registers are done within 7 days of confirmed changes. Including weekly reports on status and utilization of airtime.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of academy related hardware and ensuring that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing according to stipulated staff and vendor SLA systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Expedite problem/ issue resolution on mobile and smartphone related tickets, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers/managers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of Bridge Academy communication systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately detected, reported, escalated and resolved.
- Assist with other operations administrative function including leave and payment tracking
- Must be highly driven, organized and a great team player
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively and set priorities appropriately
- Troubleshoot issues in all our academies as assigned by supervisor
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8/10) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- First degree in Information Technology with 1-3 years’ experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title on the subject line by 31st January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.