Job Title: Canter Company Driver
Duty Station: Mombasa Road
Salary: Nett of Kshs.18,000 with opportunity to increase based on good performance
Our client a producer, packer and exporter / importer of only the best fine quality fruits and vegetables is seeking to hire a Canter Company driver.
This role requires someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with heavy / light vehicle transportation.
Good knowledge of Highway Code and a BCDE- Class driving license for more than 8 years.
Overview of Role & Responsibilities
The Driver shall be responsible and accountable for the execution of daily transportation of fresh fruits and vegetable and the mechanical maintenance of the vehicle assigned to him. Directly reports to the Quality Controller.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate a 4.3 Cc Canter or any other vehicle assigned to him safely and efficiently according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the policy for dropping and picking of goods is maintained.
- Follow planned route on a timely schedule.
- Work together with the transport supervisor in maintaining order based on the schedule provided
- Report and document any vehicle defect on a daily basis.
- Observe speed limits and all other road signs.
- Fuel allocated vehicle as per fueling schedule.
- Document actual mileage, timings and destination in the vehicle movement book before commencement of any trip.
- Undertake daily routine checks for tyres, oil, radiator coolant and lights.
- Ensure the allocated school motor vehicle is kept clean on daily basis.
- Notify Transport supervisor of any accident/incident immediately.
- Notify Transport supervisor of any delays caused by route diversions, riots etc.
- Follow emergency policy when involved in emergencies or accident.
- Ensure the vehicle is safely and securely parked on at the designated spot and when on trips.
- Ensure all on board are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned on behalf of the organization including running errands and transporting staff as directed by the supervisor
- Compliance with Internal Policies, Standards, National Laws & Regulations
- Adhere to the stipulated standards and conduct outlined by the company policy
- Ensure that all National and County Legal requirements such as licenses, permits or certificates are met and continually kept current or updated. This includes any motor vehicle licenses, approvals, certificates and permits.
- Champion & Promote Safety & Best Work Practices
- Conduct weekly workplace inspection to ascertain adherence to the Workplace Health & Safety Protocols and other relevant standards.
- Participate and own all Health & Safety initiatives that may be recommended by the Health & Safety Committee or other Organization or the supervisor
- Responsibly handle and operate tools, equipment and machinery according to the prescribed manufacturer’s recommendations and safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and promptly report any conditions that are not correctable to the supervisor.
- Keep any equipment and tools in safe operating condition.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all relevant records.
- Performs other duties as assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with heavy/light vehicle transportation.
- Knowledge of Highway Code and school bus regulations.
- Possess a BCDE- Class Driving License for more than 8 years.
- Must Possess a recent (not older than 6 months) Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Recommendation letters from previous employers.
- Ability to operate a canter in a safe and responsible manner.
- Client service and public interaction skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- First aid knowledge.
To apply, send your CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.